Haha, we had a craaaazy night in Las Vegas! Not so fully crazy in wall mart buying tent…
Since our tent didn’t have any heat or light?! we sat in the car for a while to get drunk enough to sleep in the cold.
The morning after we went to look a bit more at the grand canyon!
And after this we drove all the way back to Las Vegas!! And since me and Helene couldn’t look more lesbian than we did in Anton clothes we did get married in Las Vegas that night haha! And no, we are not kidding! And to those who wonder, no we are not gay.
The day after we travelled back to Hollywood and spent the night! The last 3 post was posted from the bus from Los Angeles to San Jose! It is actually Helene and Veronica`s last week now??!!
After spending the day at the beach renting rollerblades and bicycles we went to visit some family of Helene. We met this amazing woman Britt who took us out for dinner downtown Los Angeles! Thanks Britt for letting us stay with you
And then we spent the night in Cambria in this hostel! Really great people here.
After spending a couple of hours in Santa Barbra on the beach we continued to LA, and got lost somewhere in Hollywood hills looking at houses! Haha, so many amazing houses. Afterwards we finally got to Hollywood where we was about to stay.
We met a lot of fun people at the hostel and got up late today and went shopping and afterwards to Venice beach.
We got into San Francisco on monday night, and the three traveling companions are finally together again for the last time. We`ve spent our days at my uncle place in Los Gatos, and with him and the kids we`ve been in Santa Cruz and today in San Francisco before we are headed for L.A in the morning!
Haha, you could say we had a little photo session with golden gate!
Now we are finally in bed! And we are ready for road trip down highway one to Los Angeles with some Swedish guys we met!
1. You secretly look down on people with large luggage or rolling suitcases, because you managed to pack your whole life in a 70 liter backpack.
2. It’ s not out of the ordinary to spend the night at the airport or train station, to save a night’s accommodation.
3. Your future travel plans have “visa runs” factored into the itinerary.
4. You know what the term “visa run” is.
5. Your future travel plans also include meeting up with people all over the world, whom you met on the last trip.
6. When asked, you’re not sure what to write down as your permanent address.
7. But when asked, you have your passport number memorized.
8. To you, hot water is a luxury. Sometimes even just running water.
9. Even if traveling alone, you haven’t had a room to yourself in a really long time.
10. You really aren’t sure what day it is, unless there’s a beer special at the pub. Everyday is Saturday.
11. You can say Cheers in 10 different languages.
12. You can sleep anywhere. Noisy park benches, crowded dorm rooms, airport.
13. You normally ask someone where they are from, and remember them by that, and not their names. “Hey where’s miss Norway?”. “Have you seen Kiwi?”. “Where did Swiss girl go?”
14. You have a permanent sunglasses and flip flop tan.
15. You search Hostelworld with lowest to highest price function, and consider the top three.
16. $3 for a cocktail, fine. $3 for a meal, no way. Beer has calories right?
17. Future travel plans are made with meeting people all over the world, that you met in the last trip. You have free places to stay on nearly every continent.
18. You constantly laugh at people that are worried about travel safety warning about a country.
19. You would stay at a hostel without hot water or a kitchen, but not one without wifi.
20. You’ve worn the same 3 shirts for the last 6 months.
21. IF you ever find a hostel with toilet paper in the bathrooms, you vow you will leave a great review. A hostel that you can actually flush the paper in: out of the question.
22. Even you bad times turn into good memories and you talk fondly of them.
23. You’ve mastered the art of staying up until 6am, yet still managing to be in time for the free breakfast.
24. You secretly look down on vacationers. “You can’t see anything in Thailand in 2 weeks!”.
25. Everyday your Facebook status says you have a new friend.
26. You know every place within 3 miles that has free wifi.
27. There’s been times when you’ve been on a constant pasta diet/budget. 3 meals a day… Pasta. Also….
28. You sniff check your clothes to see what you should wear that day. With socks, it’s the ones that don’t stand up on their own.
29. You’re an expert of coming into a dorm at night and getting dressed by cell phone light without waking anyone.
30. You take packing light to another level.
31. You’re running out of passport pages.
32. You can honestly not imagine a real job again and vow to never return to the “real world” 9-5 life.
33. Shaved legs? What is that?
34. Tons of bracelets from different countries on your wrists.
35. You`ll eat street food on the sidewalk out of a bag without thinking about it.
36. Even though we want to be cultural and eat cheap, we all do it once in a while: we crave western food.
37. The européen backpacker: Usually travels in pairs, stays in the private rooms, and spends much of the time speaking to only each other in their native language. The European Backpacker is ridiculously good looking but very quiet and reserved, until copious amounts of red wine are consumed.
38. We play doctors and hairdresser whenever we have to.
39. We promise to keep in touch with everybody.
40. You know you’re a backpacker, because while reading this you kept saying “that’s so true!”.
Some of it is stolen from: http://truenomads.com/2014/05/signs-backpacker/